original section of this house was built by Presley N. O'Bannon who came to
Russellville in 1807. He launched a political career based on his heroism in
the Barbary Wars during which he planted the American flag for the first time
on foreign soil at Tripoli. He served in the Kentucky House of Representatives
and Senate. In 1814 the house was purchased by Richard Bibb, Jr., who added a
two story front entrance.