in 1904, this is Logan's third courthouse. Court first met in 1793 in a
two-story log structure know as Cedar House. From 1822 through the late 1800's
the courthouse was located in the middle of Park Square. On top of the present
courthouse is the fish weathervane saved from the Park Square building. With a
sharp eye, one can see the bullet hole in the middle of the fish, which was
fired by Jim Atkins of Butler County on a drinking binge during the Civil War.