Roberts House ("Mockingbird Hill")

begun in 1837 and completed in 1850 for Ormond Roberts. Used as a hospital and headquarters by Federal troops during the Civil War. After the war, Mr. Roberts sold it as a site for a Methodist college. The Methodist Conference decided to build the college nearer to town and sold this property to George W. Edwards.

Return to tour