Posted by lb on 10/31/2011
Get your Chamber Currency all Year-Round!
The Logan County Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer the
Chamber Currency Program
This program is very similar to using a gift certificate. This is how it works:
- Anyone may purchase a Chamber Currency Gift Check. They are only available at the Chamber Office, Park Square, Russellville.
- Gift Checks may be purchased in the amounts of $5, $10, $15, $20, & $25.
- Gift Checks may only be spent at participating Chamber members. A list of participants will be given each time a Gift Check is purchased or you may view a continually updated list on www.loganchamber.com.
- Gift Checks are void after 180 days (six months) from purchase date.
- Gift Checks are used just like a personal check. You take your Gift Check to any participating business and purchase goods or services. It cannot be exchanged strictly for cash. However, the participating merchant can give change back if the entire amount of the Gift Check is not spent.
Gift Checks are a great way to give a special gift, as well as boost the local economy! Over $25,000 worth of Chamber Checks have been purchased since the beginning of the program in 2009. If you have any questions, please contact the Chamber office at 726-2206.
You may spend your Chamber Currency Gift Checks at any of the following participating Chamber Members (as of 7/31/12):
- Air Evac Lifeteam, 2325 Airway Court, Bowling Green
- Colonial Inn Restaurant, 701 South Franklin Street (Bowling Green Road), Russellville
- Farmers Hardware, 101 North Bethel Street, Russellville
- Gerald Printing, 311 Hopkinsville Road, Russellville
- Hickory Hill Florist & Garden Center, 886 Nashville Street, Russellville
- Logan Telephone Coop, 10725 Bowling Green Road, Auburn
- Main Street Russellville/Kentucky Artisans at the Saddle Factory, 164 East Fourth Street, Russellville
- Northern Nursery & Florist, 1409 Nashville Street, Russellville
- Oak 'n Ivy, 198 South Winter Street, Russellville
- Pennyrile Electric, 268 South Main Street, Russellville
- Piggly-Wiggly, 407 Bethel Shopping Center, Russellville
- Riley-White Drugs & Jewelry, 153 Park Square NW, Russellville
- The Cattle Pen Steakhouse, 102 Armory Drive, Russellville
- The Garden Walk, 1353 Sycamore Road, Russellville
- The Harvest, 517 East 4th Street, Russellville
- The Shoppe on the Square, 119 South Main Street, Russellville
Additional information from the participating businesses:
Logan Telephone Cooperative – Local Phone Service, Long Distance, High-Speed Internet, Dial-Up Internet, and Cellular Service.
Piggly-Wiggly - Full service grocery store offering money orders, Western Union, lottery and utility payments. Full deli with hot bar offering plate lunches. We also cook country hams and turkeys for your special occasions. Lunch meat, fruit and vegetable trays for your special parties. Several gift ideas: gift certificates, fruit baskets, assorted gift cards to major department stores and food chains, phone cards, visa and mastercard also available.
Air Evac Lifeteam - All Chamber members do receive a $10.00 discount off their Air Evac membership. Your Air Evac membership guarantees that you will never receive a bill if you are flown in an emergency medical situation. Also, your Air Evac membership helps to keep the base located in your community, to continue to save lives.
The Cattle Pen Steakhouse – Chamber Fridays at the Cattle Pen – Treat yourself or your business to lunch at the Cattle Pen on Fridays between 11am-4pm and receive 10% off when you use your Chamber Currency to pay.
Pennyrile Electric welcomes the Chamber Currency Gift Checks. Gift checks will be applied toward any member’s electric bill. It may be your own, another family member or a friend. If the amount of the gift check is more that the electric bill, Pennyrile will apply the credit difference to the member’s next bill. Since the gift check is purchased and given as a gift, Pennyrile will not give any currency back.